Monday, February 3, 2014

2014: The Mileage!




In 2014, I am scheduled to take part in three Triathlon Sprints, two Half-Ironman Distance Triathlons, an IRONMAN (IRONMAN Florida), a few competitive run races, and a couple of non-competitive bike "rides". I have received a few questions about what kind of "mileage" I'm doing and see a lot of talk about weekly "mileage" out there.






I have an outstanding USAT-certified coach, Sandy Holt of TriAttic (http://www.TriAttic.com), who understands individual abilities, goal setting, tactics, movement analysis, progressive training techniques, and sport psychology. Our focus is never miles for the sake of miles. However, I do understand that "mileage" is something quantifiable in many training plans and something people can more easily compare with their particular plan. For that reason, I'll be sharing my weekly "mileage" here, for you!

The mileage and training posted here will be what I actually do and not simply what was planned. Life does get in the way and I think it's more beneficial to see what I've done than what I should have been doing if all things were perfect. In addition to raw mileage from swimming, biking, and running, I will be including yoga, gym sessions (weights, etc.), and other workouts that I think were an important part of my training!

Enjoy and feel free to message me if you have any questions!

You can jump to the 2014 Mileage page here: http://imronman.blogspot.com/p/2014-mileage.html or simply click the 2014 Mileage tab in the top navigation bar of this blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment