Thursday, July 24, 2014

I Got 99 Problems...

With apologies to Jay-Z…


If you’re having IRONMAN training problems, I feel bad for you son… I got 99 problems and motivation ain’t one! That’s right… 99 days until the biggest physical challenge of my life, IRONMAN Florida 2014. A 2.4-mile swim, a 112-mile bike, and a 26.2-mile run. Panama City Beach, Florida! November 1! Do I look and sound excited?!



I am in the last week of my base phase and the build phase is coming. I can feel all of the hard work I’ve been putting into my base. I can feel it under me and know I’m ready to build upon that in the coming weeks. 

I know that I will not always feel this good or this “up” during this journey. The long rides and runs already feel long enough. They will only get longer. Not only will I continue to build my body and my knowledge, I will continue to grow my willpower and continue to feed my motivation!




The ace up my sleeve for when things do start to get low is that I have an incredible support system of coaches, family, friends, and fellow athletes. I am not too proud to reach out for a little lift, when things do begin to get dark. So, be ready, friends… the “reaching out” will be coming!



And for the rest of you training for big races, I hope you’re training smart and also looking around to figure out who YOU can lean on when things get rough? Don’t wait until you’re in crisis-mode to start figuring out who to call on! Build that mental list now and have it ready to go so there’s no delay when you need it most!


And you know you can all call on me! My triathlon-training, rap-based, motivational, interpretive dance routines are pretty much legendary among triathlon’s elite...




No comments:

Post a Comment