Monday, November 17, 2014

OVERWHELMED By What Matters Most!

In my last post, I talked about my big IRONMAN Florida race. One area I purposefully wrote very little about was what happened to me on the run course, when I went by the various encampments of my friends, family, and fellow athletes from my community. I even said that this was something I wanted to write about more in a future installment.

Why? Because those moments became bigger than even the biggest physical challenge I had ever undertaken, my race! I always wanted this "IRONMAN journey" to be about just that... the journey. The friendship, love, and support I felt as I passed by those groups were beyond what I could have ever prepared for. When you are not prepared for something, you have no choice but to be... overwhelmed.

I had the privilege of writing an article, for the local newspaper, The Tallahassee Democrat, about that experience. I want to share that with you here: http://www.tallahassee.com/story/life/2014/11/17/cold-windy-ironman-overwhelms-expected-reasons/19173139/

This will conclude my blog posts specific to IRONMAN Florida, so you will no longer have to put up with me cross-posting links to this blog in the various IRONMAN Florida Facebook groups I am a member of. However, I do plan to continue blogging on whatever triathlon-related topics come to mind and my 2015 season. Please feel free to use the available tools to "follow" this blog if you would like to be notified of new posts.

I look forward to sharing with you and hearing from you in the future. Thank YOU for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment